Soaking yourself in a naturally fresh and uplifting peppermint bath is both energising and invigorating. Peppermint contains Vitamin A that helps reduce excessive skin oiliness and strengthen skin tissue. Peppermint oil also acts as an astringent, making it very useful in treatment of rashes and pimples. These peppermint bath melts are a great way to treat yourself after a hectic day.
What you need
- ¼ cup cocoa butter
- 10-20 drops peppermint essential oil
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- Mold (you can use small candy molds or an ice cube tray)
- Melt the cocoa butter in a microwave or double boiler.
- Once melted, allow the mixture to cool slightly before stirring in 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil. Add 10-20 drops of peppermint essential oil.
- Pour the mixture into your mold.
- After filling your mold with the mixture, carefully place it in the freezer.
- Make sure to remove the mold after 15-20 minutes. Your melts should be solidified before popping them out of the mold.
- Now you have your uplifting peppermint bath melts!
Place 1-2 peppermint bath melts in your warm bath, and enjoy its cooling and soothing aroma.
TIPS: The avocado oil will give the melts a green tinge and also make them quiet soft. I would recommend using them as soon as possible or storing them in the fridge of freezer.
Your ingredients call for Avocado oil but your directions say Almond Oil. I have Almond Oil so can it be substituted for the Avocado Oil? And how, if any, will it change them?
Yes, thanks for pointing that out, you can use both, but the avocado oil will actually give it the green tinge. The ones in the photos are made with avocado oil.
Can I use coconut oil?
Yes of course!