Ok it is January and Christmas has come and gone and as usual I wasn’t as organised as I would have liked to make all my Christmas presents homemade, I did manage to shop local though. So I decided that anytime of the year was a good time of the year to make and give homemade presents and add a little bit of happy into someone’s day! Giving and receiving gifts for no occasion is always a special and what better then this divine little all natural lime & coconut body scrub. Not only does it leave your skin soft and silky, but it leaves the room smelling amazing. For an extra special gift pair it with a Lime & Coconut Epson Salt Bath Soak. The coconut oil leaves your skin feeling soft and glowing and the lime will leave you or your surprised gift recipients happy and refreshed. Brown sugar is mildly abrasive so it is better to use the fine raw brown sugar, rather then the coarser brown sugar that you can buy. This cheap alternative to more expensive packaged products has some surprising benefits for your skin, it contains glycolic acid which is alpha-hydroxyl acid which not only fights bacteria, but is important in keeping your skin vivacious and healthy. Brown sugar can also give you younger and fresher looking skin by breaking down glue-bonded skin cells which supports cell turnover and helps to support sun damage and offers mild ageing skin properties. Vitamin E Oil also has many skin care benefits, it is a powerful antioxidant that helps prevent premature ageing and is a great addition to daily skin care routines. If you have Vitamin E Capsules you can puncture them to release the oil for topical application. You Will Need
- 2 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 25-30 drops of Lime Essential Oil
- Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Vitamin E Oil
- 1/2 cup Shredded Coconut
- Zest of one lime (optional)
- It is best to use the palm of your hands and the peace fingers to apply exfoliating scrubs. Some people swear by mitts or sponges made of loofah fibers for exfoliation, but I prefer to use bare hands.
- Use gentle pressure so as not to aggravate the skin. Use repetitive circular strokes to massage the scrub over the area needing exfoliation. Again, keep your touch gentle, a little pressure goes a long way since the sugar is already mildly abrasive.
- After exfoliating you’ll want to rinse off the area with warm water.